Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Almost there [Progress]

This is the first time I feel like I can sustain my weight loss.

My weight loss journey has spanned the last 4-5 years with ups and downs. At my heaviest I was 330lbs, I got down to 255, up to 285~ and maintained for a few years. Then I weighed myself at the end of June and was back up to 290 and decided I needed to get back on track as I am having my second child in November.

I started doing Keto for a couple of months and lost 38 lbs in 2 months on keto down to 252. Now for the last couple of weeks, I switched to just counting calories and maintaining my workouts. I'm still tracking about 2lbs a week lost with CICO, adjusting my calories to my new weigh-ins and trying to avoid junk. Only 18lbs to go!

I adjusted my goal weight once, after finding out my approximate bodyfat percentage. I adjusted to 230 from my original of 240. My current weight is 248 as of this morning, cheers to 82lbs lost. If I keep going at 2lbs per week I might make my goal before my son is born. But even if I don't, that's fine. I am making lifestyle changes now to last the rest of my life. Instead of a cupcake, I have a banana. Instead of a bag of chips, I have an apple.

I am so excited to reach my goals, and even more excited to meet my son. I want to set the healthy example I never had as a child. I want my kids to see their dad eating right, exercising, and being healthy.

I need to set an example worth following.

submitted by /u/Pls_submit_a_ticket
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/dQvpNP7

No comments:

Post a Comment