Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Feeling Out of Control while Home for the Holidays

I (F, 20s) began my weight loss journey just about a year ago with exactly 110 lbs to lose in order to get to a healthy BMI. I honestly didn’t have any expectations and went in without a set time frame because I wanted to focus more on building long term habits than getting the weight off fast. I am very happy to say that I’ve lost just under 45 lbs. I am thrilled and even though I have a long ways to go I feel better already.

This leads to this week, where I’ve found myself home for the holidays at my parents place. I don’t know if it’s the location, the time of year, the fact that I’m not at school and have more free time, but I’ve been experiencing sort-of-binges (?) for the first time. I’m typically relaxed about holidays and celebrations and try not to restrict, so for Christmas itself I didn’t worry about calories.

But in the few days before and after the holiday itself I’ve been eating like I normally would all day and then feeling a compulsion to eat literally everything in the late evening. I don’t overly restrict (I haven’t even been fully calorie counting, just ballparking) so I don’t know if this is some psychological response to being on “Christmas” vacation or what but it’s driving me crazy.

I experienced the same thing over thanksgiving break but didn’t worry too much because that was only a couple of days and I was back on campus eating healthy (with seemingly no cravings for unhealthy foods!) right away.

I know that I’ll go back to my normal routine when school starts again but if my weight loss is location-dependent then it obviously isn’t sustainable. It’s like my mind and cravings are totally different when I’m home. Has anyone dealt with this kind of thing? How do I adjust my brain to understand that my new, healthy routines apply everywhere?

submitted by /u/Snoo-21358
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/9YVOod0

No comments:

Post a Comment