Friday, December 23, 2022

why do I have to eat so little?

Hi

Sorry for the long read

I have an issues when it comes to dieting. I'm male, 5'8, 160lbs. I've been on a weight loss journey for about 4 months. I now eat 1250 - 1300 calories a day. The first 2 months i ate 1500 calories a day and lost about 1lb per week. After that I started losing less weight each week so I dropped the calories to 1400. I started to lose about 1lb a week again after I did that. I know you need to adjust your calorie intake as you lose more weight, but I thought I would still lose 1lb a week on 1500, but I didn't. I dropped the calories again after little more than a month to 1300.

So my question is, why can't I eat more calories and still lose weight? I think someone of my weight should be able to eat more.

And I'm pretty sure i'm tracking the things I eat correctly.

I weigh everything I eat on my food scale. I weigh the banana without the peel, I weigh my iceberg lettuce I eat every day, I weigh the taco sauce I eat every day, I weigh the popcorn. I weigh everything. I drink sodas but with sweeteners instead of sugar, so almost no calories in that. I weigh myself every day as well.

I even calculate the actual calories from the grams of protein, fats and carbs that's on the nutrition labels, becuase sometimes it doesn't add up to what it says how much calories there's supposed to be in 100 grams of a product.

So it seems unlikely that i'm counting my calories incorrectly. I eat pretty much the same few foods each day, I like it and it's easier that way. Maybe not the healthiest but that's not my main concern for now.

With that said, I know the nutrionlabels can be off by 10-20% when it comes to a products caloric content.

My theory why i have to eat so little, is that i have lower muscle mass than the average person in relation to the body fat i carry. When i was 132lbs, I looked skinny-fat. My arms and upper chest looked very skinny, but I still carried a decent amount of fat on my body. That's still the case today. So when people see me, they think I'm skinny because of my arms and upper chest, but they don't see my stomach or my lower body, such as my thighs.

Thanks

submitted by /u/beebaahz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cMPtIBV

No comments:

Post a Comment