Sunday, December 25, 2022

Starting this weight loss rodeo again

First time posting in this sub but I think it’s long overdue.

I’ve been many shapes and sizes my whole life but for the majority of my 30 years in this world, I’ve been overweight, now fully obese at just about 300 pounds.

I’m a father of two young children and have a stressful job but I know those are simply excuses to delay the inevitable act of getting in shape.

This isn’t to say I haven’t lost weight before. About 12 years ago, I lost about 120 pounds (going from 255 to 135) over about 2 years, primarily due to intermittent fasting and running. But I gained all of that weight back after starting my career (I was only a college student when I lost the weight) and it’s only gotten worse from there.

I think the tipping point was from a few days ago when I lost my breath keeping up with my toddler, running around the house. It reminded me of my dad - also obese - losing his breath running around with me when I was a child.

Anyways - not sure about the decorum of posting these long-winded updates in this sub but I’m looking forward to starting this journey and catching my breath once more 📉

submitted by /u/No-Zookeepergame7943
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/PCnWG1F

No comments:

Post a Comment