Sunday, December 25, 2022

Starting for all the right reasons🤍 but could use some advice (issues 1-3)

.. as a step towards getting my life, health and financials in order. And maybe just more balance.

Between 2nd and 8th of January I'm starting, this time for all the right reasons (blood flow, liver, general overweight, risk of diabetes, general balance in life and blood sugar levels - health basically).

Posting here for accountability and I also have some issues to discuss regarding my plan.

I have a history with eating disorders and BED especially. I can go weeks at probably 5000-8000 kcals/day desperately trying to fill a variety of needs (career-, financial-, emotional stress) which I have worked a lot on throughout this year and is currently working on.

Now: 208 lbs at 5'11" Goal: 175 lbs (ambitious) - 182 lbs (preferable) Duration: 6 months

Plan: 2000 kcal for the first 2 months (I'm fairly active), then around 2500 kcal for the next couple months (can train more) and then eventually stop counting and stick to routines and well-thought food choices.

Issue 1: Skip "sugar" completely or attempt moderation? Or just stay clear of the worst (cake, chocolate, shortbread, flapjack, scones, cinnamon rolls)? It's social events and sharing good food experiences with friends and family I find difficult if I'm completely off sugary foods.

("sugar" meaning refined and in abnormal amounts in relation to food type, e.g. sugary cereal v oatmeal with raisins)

Issue 2: Always eat breakfast in the morning or have the choice to wait if I'm not that hungry? I feel like being allowed to wait is a more balanced alternative even though it might increase the chance of overeating later in the day/evening.

Issue 3: Parties, I am going to attend parties and drink alcohol for the social benefit (not because I want to or think it's fun). Should I stick to low-calorie beer and 1 night food meal for instance?

In the end I'm trying to remember the bigger picture, that weight loss is not linear and going over the limit one day or some days does not mean I should go completely off the rails. I have 6 months and it should suffice. If I can somehow manage this and also regulate my emotions in a healthy way, then I think I might have shot at this. I've also signed up for a mindful eating course to prevent overeating.

I just really want this to work, but I'm also scared that my completely insatiable periods will occur again. I'm so ashamed and I've spent so much money on them.

submitted by /u/_Knodl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/lNjvwC1

No comments:

Post a Comment