Sunday, December 18, 2022

I regifted the candies my boss gave me

After my previous post, I found a place with a weight loss management clinic. It's covered mostly by insurance, which is great. I was put on a low carb diet (less than 100g carbs/day) and my next check in is on December 27th. I didn't think that one through! :D

Anywhoozle, it's the season for our vendors to send us gifts. We have cookies, candies and nuts in our break room, and it's so easy to grab something when you're walking by to get water or tea. I had ONE candied nut, the rest salted pecans.

I was talking to a co-worker about how him and his family had created these wonderful cookies that were in the break room, and my boss listens in and goes: I got cookies! Want some? I go no thanks, I'm good. He proceeded to give me 3 boxes of various chocolate related candy. On top of the box of chocolates he already gave me. I don't think he had any malicious intent with it, just sharing the gifts we're getting from our vendors.

Another co-worker walks up to my desk and I regift two of the unwanted gifts to him. I then walk over to another co-worker and regift the last one to her. Now I'm only left with the giant box of chocolates he gave me. But I have a plan! He's out of the office on Monday, I left the box in the drawer at my desk, and I'll leave it in the break room for others to enjoy!

If I didn't have someone I'd have to check in with on the 27th, all of that would have come home with me.

submitted by /u/NoorAnomaly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/PGwZDxB

No comments:

Post a Comment