Thursday, December 15, 2022

Looking for support feeling really down and frustrated

Hi all. This is probably going to be a long rambly mess so apologies in advance. I just feel like I have no one who understands and Ive been sad for so long :( Anyways, Im a 5'5 woman in my twenties who started her weight loss journey at 212 pounds in the summer of 2019. I have a goal weight of 137 pounds and Ive been stuck at 147~152 pounds for about a year. I just dont know why I cant get over the hump. I try and I try and I try so hard. I know how weight loss is done but its like I cant do it. I am constantly ravenous and extremely fatigued pretty much all the time. Thermodynamics would say Im not in calorie deficit and thats because I feel like my animal brain takes over until I eat the deficit back. Ive tried losing weight more slowly, Ive tried being more aggressive. I dont eat fast food, I cook damn near every thing I eat and no give. I understand this probably sounds ridiculous but I cant stress enough how depressed I feel. I cry nearly every day because of it. Its so embarrassing to think I have been losing weight for years and I cant even manage to get to my goal weight. When I look in the mirror all I see is what I find wrong with myself. I am embarrassed to go out and see people. Again, I know this might come off as bratty or whiny but it really does bother me. Ive put off buying new clothes this whole time because I say Ill buy the clothes when I reach my goal weight so I can buy things that properly fit. Ive sworn off dating because I already get stressed enough when friends invite me to restaurants. Its just a measly 10-12 pounds and I dont know why I am struggling so hard to get there. On top of that I am dealing with an injury that has been ongoing for about 3 months and so I havent been able to run and dance like I normally do. I know some people would suggest just giving up and being content here but I really, almost desperately want to get there. I think I'll feel like an even bigger failure if I dont. I dont know why but I just cant help but feel embarrassed and ashamed.

submitted by /u/throwawayliacct
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/26Opd3M

No comments:

Post a Comment