Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Is it supposed to be this slow?

I (F, 22, 5' 9", 193lbs , GW: 165?) have finally started the journey of losing weight and improving my life!

(TL;DR down below, I realize this became a longer post than intended!)

I used to be in sports and did a lot of weight lifting for years, as well as being tall, so I understand that muscle probably accounts for a lot of my current weight. That being said, I am still overweight, and it has killed my self-esteem and confidence. I am a recovering addict as well who got used to being relatively small; getting clean has absolutely saved my life, but I have also gained a lot of weight because of it, as well as slipping back into BED which I have also been fighting for years.

For about two weeks I have been eating much cleaner, hitting my caloric deficits, and exercising most days. I am very motivated and feel great! Well.... mostly.

The swing from BED to monitoring CICO has been very difficult, mentally and physically. I am worried I was creating too high of a calorie deficit at first, which I have since corrected. I am trying so hard to do this healthily and effectively- I had a long-term partner with a very extreme ED and that was insanely scary to witness.

I have always been firmly against weighing myself, but I bought a scale to track my progress on my new journey. I weigh myself the same time every day. Annnnnnd... In two weeks... I have lost... 0.8lbs!

Yay! ....Yay?

I must admit, this was sort of a punch in the gut. I expected to have lost more. But, perhaps I am too eager or doing something wrong. For the first week of my journey I know I wasn't eating enough, which was most likely backfiring. The second week I made it a point to eat more (yet still clean and within the healthy caloric deficit), which was difficult to do, but I know it's the healthier, safer, and more sustainable thing to do. I'd much rather lose weight slower, protect my mental and physical health, and keep it off- than lose it very quickly, hurt my health, and gain it all back. I want to do this right!

Anyways. The point I'm trying to make/the questions I'm asking is: is it normal for weight loss to be at this slow of a rate? Is there anything I'm doing wrong/things I could be doing better? Lurking this sub has definitely helped my motivation and patience, so THANK YOU all for being so amazing and inspiring! We got this!!

TL;DR: Started my weight loss journey, got discouraged from not losing much weight (according to scale), looking for any advice on how to do this thing correctly! TIA :)

submitted by /u/thethrowawaycricket
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4js2vdL

No comments:

Post a Comment