Thursday, December 15, 2022

I’m 22 struggling with my weight since I can Remember, lost 5 pounds.

Ever since I had the ability to think I have always been insecure about my weight, always being just a bit chubbier than my peers. The hate for my body stems from my mother and father making unnecessary comments about how I looked compared to others. “You need to eat less” “I remember when you were a small” I was 12-14 and These thoughts floated my head. Looking back at it now I was just a teenager whose body was growing but those comments have stuck with me till now.

I currently weight 190, And as I understand that could be a goal weight to several people, but as a 5’4 girl it’s an insecurity of mine. Going weight loss apps, calorie tracking apps, getting a fit bit, buying an Apple Watch, buying new workout sets and applying on and off to 100 different gyms. Tried anything to even give me a slight motivation to lose weight.

Until recently, I was watching a TikTok (I know I’m sorry) and I get a lot of weight loss advice and tips, except this one was different. It focused on living a healthier life style and building a relationship with food.I started doing this habit called volume eating. Where you eat large amounts of healthy food to feel as if you’re eating a lot. As well as adding healthy food to what you want to eat

For example I want some goldfish, if I wanted to I could eat an entire box of goldfish in one sitting. But instead to make it more filling and balanced I’ll eat it with some rice chiefly and greens with veggies and a side of goldfish. I still get what I want but with added nutritions. I know this might not be a new concept for other but it’s a change in mind set for me. Since I started doing that I’ve been telling myself that I want to work on improving my health instead of losing weight. I’m happy to say that after 2 weeks I’ve officially lost 5 pounds! I’ve had some hiccups here and there but I’m doing great and and I feel great.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

TLDR; struggled to lose weight for years, changed my mindset and eating habits, lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks :)

submitted by /u/sofzuko
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/9mupOjy

No comments:

Post a Comment