Friday, December 16, 2022

First time seeing a dietician. Not sure about the advice

So I am trying yet again to lose weight (have been successful in the past). Thought I would take my Drs offer of seeing a dietician. I must say it was a little odd. First there were a lot of buzzwords and strange questions like, was I delivered vaginally, was I breast fed.. etc. Finally her recommendation was to start with I attempt to eat 10g of fiber per meal.

I must say that I am not sure about this advice. I know a lot of people who have lost weigh without making sure to eat so much fiber. I am also a fan of CICO, but find it hard to stay the course when I get really hungry or I get tired of trying to figure out the calories of something like a piece of meat when there seems to be a lot of conflicting info. So the high fiber things seems odd. Why so much? What about people who are diabetics? How about WLS people who are told to focus on protein?

Plus the whole dietician thing felt odd. How many dieting buzzwords and new findings can they come up with. I had to write a a bunch of them down, words I had not heard even though I have looked at so many diets. Lots of talk about how sustained weight loss is a balance of all these different things like gut bacteria etc...

I am looking for some thoughts on the usefulness of dieticians and thoughts on what she is saying about fiber.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Xarick
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vsigJ7d

No comments:

Post a Comment