Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Losing the weight… Again

Title says it all. I’m restarting my weight loss journey.

Current stats: Male, 5’5”, 266 pounds (down from 285)

Context: September 2018 I went to a local music festival about an hour away, after the weekend was done (very minimal eating and a TON of walking) I lost about 13 pounds. I was 280 at the start of the weekend and figured this was a great opportunity to spontaneously lose weight and get healthy. Fast forward to June of 2019 and I had lost 100 or so pounds and was in the best shape of my life. I then met my (now ex) fiancé and let’s just say that wasn’t the healthiest relationship. Covid also happened and old habits die hard, and as you can see by my stats I gained all of that back over the course of 3 years.

Fast forward to November, I made a vow to myself that I was going to get out of this slump. I’m going to take care of myself again, love myself again, be better for not only myself but my fiancé as well. I’m going to get back in shape, get my finances and life in order and be the man I once was and go even further.

Turns out the fiancé has been cheating on me, found that out right before thanksgiving. Instead of letting that completely tear my life apart like I could have, I decided “I’m sticking to the game plan” and have kicked ass in every aspect of my life I wanted to improve.

Cardio 5 days a week (30 minutes, elliptical) full body weight training 2 days a week on the off days. CICO (Only eating 1,100-1,700 calories a day. I am in no way condoning such a deficit, i have consulted medical professionals and know what works for me based on previous weight loss) and no looking back. I can already tell the difference in my face and stomach region, as well as overall mood and energy levels.

I feel like I did the weight loss the first time for all the wrong reasons. I wanted attention from girls is basically what it boiled down to. Now, with recent developments, women are the last thing on my mind. I’m doing it for me this time around and I’m focusing on taking it off and keeping it off. No matter what. Down 20 pounds in one month and here’s to many more.

Moral of the story: You CAN do it. Don’t let your old habits win. Do it for the right reasons, and no matter what life throws at you… STAY FOCUSED. If you do fall off the wagon, will you stay there in the dirt or will you get back up and get back on it? It all comes down to one factor…

You.

Thanks for reading, good luck to you on your journey, my friends.

submitted by /u/PXLDUBZ
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nELwy3W

No comments:

Post a Comment