Sunday, December 18, 2022

Holidays with family…

Hi all, loooong time lurker

24F 1.73m, 68KG

In August/Sept of this year I dropped from 70kg to 63kg over the course of about 2 months, but I have slowly gained most of it back. I’m not worried about it too much, it was my birthday and I’ve been traveling.

But I’m writing because I’m going to be with my family for 2 weeks over the holidays. My mom is extremely difficult to eat well around, as she has a very unhealthy relationship to food and has been overweight for my entire life. At the same time, my older sibling has a history of ED, where they would eat 4 bites of food and leave the rest. It was a really difficult chapter for my family for various reasons, but also means that now both my mother and sibling are quite sensitive to weighing food, tracking calories, and not finishing your food.

What’s more is that we’re going on a trip, which means lots of eating out on top of the already-rich holiday foods.

My question is, should I just pause my journey for the holidays? I’m nervous about doing to because my weight has already started to creep up. But I don’t want to cause issues or trigger anyone during the holidays. Because of the aforementioned conditions, the calorie tracking and monitoring would have to be in secret, which I would hate doing.My family lives across the world from me and I want to truly enjoy our time together. However I don’t want to continue undoing my progress. I’m relatively good at “switching on” my weight loss mode, but I don’t want to start at zero again. Any tips?

PS this page has been a huge help for me, thank you everyone for your help and knowledge!

submitted by /u/datepalm4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/G2fNmZg

No comments:

Post a Comment