Thursday, December 22, 2022

i am 165 lbs today !!

f/18 5'2" sw: 183 cw: 165 <3

today has been a great day for me :) i am officially 18 lbs down since i started tracking my calories and food intake in late july. i know it isn't a very monumental weight loss, but seeing the number on the scale finally be 165 was genuinely shocking. 165 is a number i haven't seen since the summer of 2018, i haven't weighed that much since i was 13-14 years old. everything is starting to feel a lot less impossible, i finally feel like i can do it this time. i finally feel like i don't have to be obese my entire life, that i don't have to struggle with chronic back and hip pain and awful digestive issues at eighteen years old. i can actually feel my collarbones and wrist bones again which is amazing, i honestly forgot they were even there lmao. and even though i've only lost a couple pounds shy of 20, my clothes fit so much better and so much more comfortably already. i can't wait to hit 20 lbs down, then 30, 40 and onward-- i'm actually going to do it this time!!

anyways, obligatory details on how i've achieved my 18 pound weight loss :)

- i use my fitness pal as a general guide. i try to stay around ~1200-1400 calories max per day, but i'm not as strict or disciplined as i could be. however i do count absolutely everything that goes into my mouth, even something as small as eating a piece of cheese while cooking is extra calories i have to take into account. what i mean by that is i count my calories when i remember, and if i go over my calories for the day i add in extra movement like going for a 30 minute walk + at home youtube workout videos (so all together, roughly 50 minutes of movement) i find that working out intentionally every other day has been far more successful for me than doing it everyday and i mentally envision going over my calories for the day for a treat (e.g. a pastry or a drink from starbucks) as a fair trade for extra movement. ("i can totally have this treat right now, but then afterwards i need to listen to some music and move my body to make up for it.")

- i try not to finish all of my food unless i'm really hungry. what i mean about this is i eat until i'm satisfied and then i wrap the rest of it up and eat the rest later. a lot of the time i'm having one meal twice through out the day which is a fraction of the calories

- i force myself to move *far more* than i ever had in my entire life. when i decided i wanted to lose weight, i also decided i wanted to be a lot more productive. so everyday i make myself get up and do some light cleaning, make my bed and do the dishes, wash the floors, etc. my home stays cleaner and my body stays far more active. i also have two lovely dogs and instead of letting them out into the yard i now bundle myself up to walk them myself every single day

- before i quit my job to focus on school, i was working in retail which is similar to what i said above. adding in any kind of extra movement throughout the day, even if it only burns 30-50 calories definitely adds up in the grand scheme of things.

- it sounds really cliche, but eating less and moving more has been behind all of my success. not letting myself be lazy and sit around and eat all day but actually going out, being productive and having a meal when its *meal time* instead of when i'm bored or want something to snack on while i watch youtube or play games has really helped me

i hope this helps :D

submitted by /u/mochamop
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/5X0DrZ1

No comments:

Post a Comment