Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Friend accused me of using Ozempic to achieve my weight loss

Yeah... because it can't possibly be due to a healthy moderate calorie deficit, daily walking, and simply changing my relationship with food and learning proper portion sizes. It HAS to be due to drugs???

She kept insisting this was what I must be using and that she had heard on tik tok that this Ozempic drug is what every celebrity who has lost a lot of weight is using. I told her I'd never even heard of this drug until right now and she backpedaled and insinuated I must be throwing certain foods up because no way can a skinny person ever be able to eat a donut in moderation. She literally said "naturally skinny people don't eat things like that" and "if you're throwing it up fine but just know you're ruining your teeth enamel."

I got so upset I just ended the conversation kind of rudely but whatever... I feel like it's so disheartening when your hard work and relatively slow moderate changes in lifestyle the past couple of years is chalked up to drugs or an eating disorder. :/

Edit: thank you for supportive comments! I'll try not to let it get to me. I was already considering distancing myself from this friend or just straight up ending the friendship due to her tendency to try to rope me into different MLMs and various alt right/ extreme religious group meet ups in our area so this was kind of the icing on the cake for all of that lol...

submitted by /u/plantsarecool222
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/soXNIQS

No comments:

Post a Comment