Sunday, December 11, 2022

Contrave / mysimba - First week experience

Hi All, thought i'd share my first week experiences with the prescription weight loss combination naltrexone /bupropion, as there aren't a lot of recent talk about in across reddit. The drugs are used in isolation to stop craving in opioid/alcohol addiction, and to stop smoking, respectively. Bupropion is also used as an antidepressant.

I have always struggled with weight but recently have gained a lot more and finding it harder than ever to keep on track, a lot of over-eating. I have been prescribed mysimba (called contrave in the US) and I hope to post updates good or bad.

The first week has been very eye-opening. I have experienced no craving for junk food whatsoever, it has been a bit surreal honestly, I can see for the first time what it must feel like for someone with a healthy relationship with food. It has just been effortless.

I am finding myself stopping eating when I am full, and not eating until I feel actually hungry. In fact, what has felt the strangest has been how often my stomach feels 'empty'. I had forgotten what that feels like for the longest time. I must have been living my life going around with a full stomach practically the entire time.

I was expecting some pretty full on side-effects, as a lot of people complain about headaches and nausea, but aside from some very minor head tension and tiredness the first few days, nothing so far. I up my dose this coming week however.

'Lost' weight this week but chalking most of it up to being less full of food.

Starting weight: 110 kg [height 5'10)

Week 1 / 11 Dec weight: 107.6 kg

submitted by /u/Trying_that_contrave
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Ps4qjYv

No comments:

Post a Comment