Sunday, December 11, 2022

I want to lose weight, but I am.a little confused with a couple of things. (Explanation in text)

Alright, so I'm a 19 year old male, with a weight that is so heavy that I am kind of embarrassed typing it here. The whole weight loss motivation kind of hit me with a wave of me hating the fact that i am living this lifestyle of mine. I want to change.

I'm all good with understanding the whole calorie deficit thing and have already downloaded my fitness pal, calculated my TDEE and started hitting the gym a lot more often throughout the week.

The problem comes from what family members have told me. I imagined losing weight as just requiring cardio, but family have told me otherwise. They said that if I lose weight without toning a bit, my skin would ultimately become loose and sag everywhere. Now I don't mind weight training, but the questions are, how often do i weight train, how hard do I go and is the statement above actually true? I have never done weight training in my life, and I am considering hiring a personal trainer to get me kick started with the know hows and a routine for a couple of months - is this a good move, or is weight training something i can pick up by myself?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/No_Temperature7015
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/4iFRQle

No comments:

Post a Comment