Sunday, December 25, 2022

What am I doing wrong? How much weight fluctuation is normal?

I've been actively trying to lose weight for 3 weeks now. I wasn't weighing myself the entire time but I know my starting weight was about 275lbs. I'm a 6', 30 year old male. I started by just going to the gym when I could and doing mostly cardio and a bit of strength training. I was seeing decent results but my work schedule was going to be very busy and I wouldn't have time to go regularly so I decided to start intermittent fasting and have been doing 16/8. Intermittent fasting has worked really well for me in the past.

That got me results very fast. I would say that I was my "starting weight" of 275lbs on December 10th and by December 17th, when I got a scale and started weighing myself almost daily, I was 267lbs. On December 19th, I was 263lbs, then on the 22nd I was 266lbs and then on the 23rd I was 262lbs. I've been on holiday for the past 3 days and was eager to actually get back into the gym so I went on the 23rd and 24th, both days I did an hour of decent cardio and an hour of strength training, both times while I was fasting. Both days I ate fairly well, not so great yesterday because Christmas, but maintained a calorie deficit of 1000 on the 23rd and 600 on the 24th. On the 24th I weighed myself at 265lbs and this morning I am 268lbs.

I get that weight will fluctuate and I know that I could've done better on my diet but I don't understand why that in the past 2 weeks, the 2 days that I did the most were the 2 days that I gained weight. I also weigh myself while fasted every morning after I use the bathroom so that should be pretty consistent. I knew that I would probably not maintain the rapid weight loss that I started with but I didn't expect it to plateau and go back up so quickly. There were definitely days in the past few weeks where I was just fasting and not working out where I ate worse/more and only saw my weight go up a pound or two.

What am I doing wrong? I feel so disheartened that I just undid weeks of work somehow.

submitted by /u/SomeTakeItQuiet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cWhPObn

No comments:

Post a Comment