Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Vanity?

So I'm curious if anyone else has dealt with this... I recently reconnected with an old friend that I haven't seen since losing 100 lbs. I get all the normal "wow, you look so much different!" and "you lost how much?!" Can't forget "I'm so proud of you!"

While I don't judge overweight/obese people, I personally don't celebrate weight loss because my mentality is "I never should've gotten to this point anyways." Of course I enjoy hearing the compliments as it motivates me, but that's not the purpose of this post.

This friend I reconnected with and even a handful of family members have asked me how it feels to have lost so much weight, and I usually say something along the lines of "I feel less tired and looser, but in a good way." Stuff like that. And a couple of times I've been asked if I plan to lose anymore, to which I reply (sarcastically) "I still don't have a 6 pack" usually met with laughs. This friend laughed but also said "you look good now, why would you want to lose more?" And it's kinda just weird.

I'm still considered overweight for my height and have a fair amount of body fat lingering in a lot of areas. And most important, I'm still not happy with how I look/feel. I relayed that to him and he kinda said something about being shallow.

Am I shallow for thinking that way? Has anyone else dealt with this? How do you deal with people that say that kinda stuff? I didn't really say anything else because I don't know what to say, it's just confusing. Sorry if this gets posted all the time or I sounds whiny, I just wanna know how other people feel about hearing remarks like that. Thanks.

submitted by /u/Acrobatic_Soft_7120
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/sKQUrga

No comments:

Post a Comment