Saturday, December 31, 2022

What “unconventional” Weightloss foods are your favorite?

Hi there! If this is a common reoccurring question please feel free to delete but with a lot of people starting health journeys for the new year I thought it might be a fun and resourceful thread.

So I’ve been on a slow and steady Weightloss journey and have discovered a few things about my food preferences. I have a good friend who is starting his journey for New Years and we started discussing diet foods when he said to me “I just hate salads, and I’m not looking forward to eating salads for 6 months straight”

I told him I’m also not a fan of salads and really only eat them occasionally in the summer time. I get most of my veggies through SOUPS, stir frying, steaming/sautéing and raw snacking (where my baby carrot fans at???)

Please note: I’m not saying salads are bad or that I don’t like them, I just prefer other types of ways to get my veggies in, I have found salads don’t keep me full for a long time but soups do!

He seemed surprised and expressed he hadn’t thought about soups and stir fry as being healthy or good ways to get veggies in. There’s obviously ways you can make those things super unhealthy but it’s really easy to make them healthy, especially soups where I can add a scoop or two of unflavored protein powder.

But that poses the question, what other “unconventional” types of food do you all use for weight loss?

submitted by /u/ConfusedMidwesterner
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/atClYe9

No comments:

Post a Comment