Thursday, January 5, 2023

Losing weight while building a better relationship with food

I’ve noticed that this time around with my weight loss journey, I’m no longer living in restriction and categorizing foods as “good” and “bad”. The cycle of feeling bad about eating a “bad” food never served me as I felt bad about enjoying foods that could have been had in moderation.

As someone who’s struggled with food all throughout my life, I find that only now am I able to lose weight and still enjoying a sweet treat or a nice meal out without feeling like I’ve failed. Life cannot go on with me avoiding bread, rice, sweets, nice meals out, etc though I can choose to honor my cravings with intent and eat in moderation (80-20 as some call it).

Do I meal prep most of my days out? Yes. Do I have snacks in my house still? Yes. Is that okay and can I have them around with reverting to giving up/ giving in to eating in excess to scratch a craving when it could of been had in as a side or serving size option? YES!

Has anyone else found that their relationship with food as shift throughout their weight loss journey?

submitted by /u/BodybuilderOk1783
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/OgLxEZM

No comments:

Post a Comment