Sunday, April 7, 2019

87LBS down in 1 year. Thank you r/loseit community. Feels Good!

Just want to make a post to say thanks to all who take the time to share there journeys. The ups and downs we all have along the way. I think having a place to share what is working and not working really helps.

I have to say that this reddit along with finding out about CICO, IF and Myfitnesspal has been the catalyst to my weight loss up to this point. I like many of you have struggled with weight all my life. I have lost and gained at least 3 times. All 3 times I messed up and regained because I had no clue what maintaining was.

The information I needed I now have which is getting to your GW is not the end of the road. In the past I would get to a lower weight and slowly stop doing the things needed to keep the weight off. Why? Because I thought I was somehow cured of being fat and I can eat like a normal person. I now know I was wrong lol!!!

So if your just starting keep at it no matter what. It took time to gain the weight it will take time to loose the weight. Have a plan. Make sure to adjust your plan as needed.

What worked for me was looking at my weight loss in 3 month (12 week intervals) so I set my GW for 3 months. I set a weight that I can easily get to. Once I end the 3 months I will see what worked and what didnt. And make adjustments. Then set my goals for the next 3 months. What this did for me was not make it feel like my ultimate goal weight was sooo far off. It made me focus on 3 months instead of 6 months or 8 months or however long getting to my GW will take.

Some months I will lose more some I will lose less. For example last July I lost a total of 13 lbs!!! I have never gotten close to that and I more then likely never will. But I do not look at that month as something I need to do every month. These last 3 months (Jan-Mar) I lost 17lbs. Did it get my discouraged....not even the slightest.

submitted by /u/jcaashby
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2YRpJOV

No comments:

Post a Comment