Friday, April 12, 2019

Behavior of gym owner has me disappointed.

Quick background: I'm a middle aged woman, that hit nearly 300 pounds last summer. After a few months of false starts, I started taking my weight loss seriously. I've lost over 30 pounds, and for a solid two months, I've been at the gym, nearly every day, doing cardio for a good 60 minutes. I don't do any weight training, because I am literally just trying to get to a manageable size before "becoming my best".

Naturally, it's a little nerve racking going to a new gym. My husband usually goes with me. You always wonder if people are judging you, your speed, your incline or resistance, what you chose to wear, etc. BUT, I just say screw it, and go anyway. There's always someone bigger, or slower, but we're all working on ourselves, right?

Today, my little 24/7 gym chain shared one of those "look at these idiots in the gym videos", it was a montage of people doing weird or stupid shit. Some of it was staged, some of it was really stupid, and some of it was just nice old ladies not knowing what they were doing. I would hope that the gym owners would discourage getting a laugh out of this kind of thing and absolutely forbid recording or mocking, but here they are sharing it with laugh emojis.

To be clear, the videos aren't their's or shot at their gym. I just thought getting a laugh off of people screwing up was really shitty. Of course, I'm in a contract. I was month to month, but since I started hitting it daily, the husband and I opted for the contract to get a better price. I WOULD express my disappointment to the owners, but I've already contacted them once about some gym shenanigans, and I felt like it was brushed off. At the very least, I don't know what came of it. As an overweight, middle aged, white woman, I am really NOT trying to be a Karen, so I won't be contacting them about my feelings.

I'll keep going, and keep on hitting the elliptical, until my year is up, but what a bag of dicks. /rant,

thanks for letting me get it off my chest.

submitted by /u/jesspete
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Deq5WG

No comments:

Post a Comment