Thursday, April 4, 2019

Can’t lose weight on deficit

I’m 6’6, 20 years old and have weighed around 220 the past couple months. I lost over a hundred pounds over a year ago, and use to be overweight and lazy my whole life. Now I go to college and lift heavy weights intensity 3 times a week, and 3-4 times a week I also play basketball for an hour or two (shooting around/drills). I am also active outside my workouts walking all over campus, and getting about 8-10k steps on weekdays.

I was consistently losing weight at the start of this semester with a scale I was using, but it eventually broke and I got a new one. On this scale however, I have not been able to consistently lose weight, and have stayed around the 220 pound area for a while even though I am in a deficit.

I have measured my TDEE on multiple websites and use the low end I have found which is about 3,050. Currently I eat about 2,400 calories (600 cal def) and measure almost everything accurately (my college provides nutritional info on everything as well).

The only thing I could think of that is masking my weight loss is how much sodium is really in my food, or just water fluctuations. I drink a lot of water every day (probably too much lol), but I’m not sure if that would really stop me that long. I know about the “woosh” thing but I have never really experienced it myself. I’m just sick of the way I look and want to drop down another 20-30 pounds.

submitted by /u/xcaptainmurphyx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UhA9J0

No comments:

Post a Comment