Friday, April 5, 2019

Down 65 Pounds Today - Feels like a Second Chance at Living

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Today, I'm celebrating a 65 pound weight loss since I began my journey on September 24th, 2018. From a life of double cheeseburgers, fries with extra salt and large sweetened iced teas to now waiting for the sweet potato I'll eat for lunch to cool from the microwave. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm going to share tips with you and keep this short and sweet. Cut out the crap. Eat more fruits and vegetables. You can and should fit them into every meal.

Do your research about snacks. You're better off just eating fruits and vegetables than some granola bar that is packed with crap, but advertises themselves as "healthy."

Cook for yourself. Anything you can buy at a restaurant, you can make for yourself and it'll most likely be healthier if made at home, even if it is the same thing.

Look into 16:8 and other fasting methods. Other than weight, I've lost nothing by eating within an 8 hour timeframe.

Don't let your inspiration/motivation/self-worth/idea of success depend on anyone else's praise or opinion. Hardly anyone else is going to care and with the obesity epidemic we're experiencing, they're sure as hell not going to be happy for you for becoming healthier. (While they're most likely going the other way.)

Read Lost Connections by Johann Hari. There's great information in there about the connection between obesity and anxiety/depression. This book was the key book that started my weight loss journey.

I'm a 26 year old female who started this journey at 301 pounds. I am 15 pounds away from my lowest weight in college. (220)

I'm 15 pounds away from the lowest weight of my adult life. And I feel great. I'm happy. That's what's most important. And you can do all of this too. Just start! Don't wait for the perfect pair of gym sneakers or some kind of magical motivation. It isn't coming. No one (okay - maybe close family or a spouse or something) is going to care about your health or your weight loss, but you should want to improve your quality of life for YOU.

Use the internet to learn about what you're eating and find some kind of physical activity you enjoy. (Or just learn all that you can about food because exercise is such a small part of it anyway.)

submitted by /u/Far_Fox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2uPAG5I

No comments:

Post a Comment