Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Finding and addressing the thing that stands in your way

Hi lose it.

This community has been invaluable for me. I'm a 23f, 5'5" sw: 192, cw:160, GW: 135. Its taken me about a year and a half, but I've lost 32lbs with CICO and excersize and the help of a personal trainer. My weight loss has actually triggered underlying hormonal issues for me and I've been dealing with some benign but painful and annoying symptoms.

I've kind of stalled the past year, and it's been more maintenance than loss. I've gone to some dark places and dealt with shitty doctors who've ignored me and glossed over my symptoms and their persistence, even going as far as to say I was faking it. This thing has been drawn out too long. I'm tired. I'm in pain. The pain greatly interferes with my ability to do my work (work which keeps me sane). It's hard to put your best foot forward when pain is beating the shit out of you. Even harder to pay attention to your food, do dishes, prep twice a week. And it's easy for a recovering binger like me to just eat some garbage to feel better. I did that all my life! Its how i got in this situation. I find myself eating take out way more than I should. It needs to stop if i want to hit my goal. Standing in one place gives you time to think. And i want to figure out and move past what's keeping me here.

Plans take time and they take adjustments. It can be easy to feel shame when we fail, but one question has served me /so much/ when trying to analyze what went wrong.

We're in this for the long haul, we're going to do this consistently, right? So ask yourself. When things go wrong,

"What was the biggest block in my mind as to why i didn't stick to my meal plan today?"

For me, it's easy. I hate fucking doing dishes. I like the taste of the health food. Portions and macros are fine. I eat 5 small meals a day. When my food is prepped, its easy to just put it in my mouth. But my meal containers pile up and when it's time to cook again, I hate having 12 dishes and lids to wash in succession while I'm cooking. Its exhausting. The days where I eat stuff I didn't prepare are the days when I've been working all week and just didn't have time to make food for the day.

So I'm trying to build time into my schedule every day to take 10 mins and wash my dishes from the day of and put them away. So when its time to cook again, I can just retrieve them and fill them. Easier said than done. But I'm working on it! I did it successfully one week and cooking and packing was a breeze.

I think the key to consistency is finding the path of least resistance. Is sugar your weakness? Decide whether you need artificial sweetners or to cut it out entirely. Is it snacking? Is intermittent fasting right for you? Etc. These are the questions we gotta ask and work around. When you're on the path of least resistance, it wont feel like a chore.

submitted by /u/basbird
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2uWn4FH

No comments:

Post a Comment