Friday, April 5, 2019

I weighed myself for the first time in 6 years and I’m not afraid of the scale anymore

I apologize if this is the wrong sub for this but from what I can tell, the loseit sub is for all weight loss journeys- no matter the trajectory.

Between 2006-2013 (14-21yo) I was weighed by high school and college coaches twice a week (at least) and had an official weigh in every Saturday. If I was over 110lbs, my position was docked and someone just under 110lbs would get my spot until the next weigh in. 110 was referred to as the perfect weight for 7 years. Not too heavy to be extra “dead weight” , but not too light that I would have to carry sand with me to get my “dead weight” to 110. When I quit the sport, I threw away my food journals, threw away my scale, and tried to adjust to being a 21 year old girl who was 5’8 and had no one monitoring my weight. It was hard. It was SO HARD. For my entire adolescence I had associated my weight with success, scholarship money, and attention. Now what? So For 6 years I’ve been quite literally afraid of the scale. When I go to appointments I turn around so I can’t see the number. I just didn’t want to know. I didn’t want to know how much I had gained or how far off I was from *the perfect weight * . I’ve obviously gained weighed over the last 6 years and I have work to do to get myself toned and my fitness level to where I want it (fit >skinny) but on Wednesday I got on the sale for the first time. And it wasn’t scary. I now weigh 134.3 lbs. I’m relieved to say that after the weigh in, I’m aware of the number, but I’m not obsessed with it and that’s worth more than any medal I’ve won.

submitted by /u/bearsbeetsjimothy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2uL50hP

No comments:

Post a Comment