Wednesday, April 3, 2019

I've changed how I eat breakfast/lunch for around a month now and the fact that I feel change happening is astounding.

I've lurked on this subreddit for quite some time mainly to look at weight loss ideas and other success stories of people losing weight loss and a good amount of them always seemed to follow calories in calories out methods and calorie counting. I've tried these methods in the past to little to no success. The came in the form minor changes to my typical diet. primarily portion sizing and how quickly I eat, and I also used an elliptical for half an hour four to five days out of the week. However, a few weeks ago I go hit with the flu and went the doctor by myself that day, mostly to find out my actual weight on my own as given to me by a doctors office.

As it turns out I hit 300 pounds. 300. Even. To put this in prespective, about a year ago I was 287. Sometime before that, I had gone to a cardiologist in regards to an unusually high heart rate and high blood pressure. To further add stress to this, I'm 20 years old as of this post.

That was the point where I realized whatever I was doing was clearly not enough and something else needed to be fixed. The work I had been putting in up until that point was doing nothing to stop weight gain but was just slowing it down. On that drive home from the doctor I really thought about what I possibly could have been doing wrong after trying for so long to put my weight on a downward trend. By the time I got home I looked at how I eat during the day and noticed that i tend to have very large breakfasts and eat a good amount of sugary things during the day. Waffles being the major problem in that particular case. I also noticed that I had been snacking from fast food places and buying unhealthy food fairly regularly, as well as snacking at work very frequently.

That next morning I began restricting my breakfast from there, at that point my intake in the morning would consist of either exclusively fruit, light toast with cream cheese, or a protein shake (this was a fairly recent addition). Things like cereal and waffles were out of the question, waffles especially due to the fact that I am a man who would rain syrup on his waffles like it's the Great Molasses Flood and the syrup can carry a ton of calories. I downsized my lunch and made numerous fast food places off limits. Places where I could technically build my own meal were still on the table up to a point, and specific breakfast locations were restricted to once a month and only to specific items. My lunches were further downsized, keeping portions small and refusing seconds. On occasion, i would eat my light breakfast and have a protein shake at lunch. I examined a local convenience store chains "build your own" menu and determined that if I felt like eating out I would get a turkey wrap as it had the least calories even if it was stuffed with toppings, these usually never went too far past 600 calories.

I made attempt to gain some self control as well, particularly at work. Where I work, the break room usually has a lot of junk food. Candy, cookies, chocolate, chips, popcorn, you name it and it has probably been in there at some point. I usually grabbed a few chocolates or some chips from there every now and again; as of a month ago, no more. This was a case where I had to learn self control, something I noticed was a huge problem when trying to lose weight. I would always find myself going "oh who cares" and gorging on crappy food. So though the help of willpower (and a rubber band around my wrist to flick if I find myself going for a snack), I have abandoned the break room for pretty much everything except water and to heat food.

This has been going on for about a month as the title of this states. And within the past few days, I've noticed some changes. I did notice change in regards to belly and some side fat. Additionally, I noticed i was actually able to feel by abs underneath the skin again. I by no means have a six pack, but I can actually tell there's something underneath that again. Out of curiosity I headed to the bathroom scale to see where I was. Lo and behold, 293!

I was ecstatic to see that it went down! I noticed I wasn't feeling as tired doing mild physical activity, wasn't sweating for no reason anymore, and I was feeling colder as a whole. I was feeling like a hoodie wasn't enough to go outside for the first time in the longest time, and my shirts and aforementioned hoodies are starting to feel like they're fitting better than they used to.

I'm hoping it can keep going down for the rest of the year, as my goal is to lose 50 pounds by years end, lose some of the weight that's latched onto me for years and hopefully get some of my damn wardrobe back.

submitted by /u/PilesOfPower101
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OLYDEj

No comments:

Post a Comment