Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Today is my 1 year "veganniversary", and I've lost 35 lbs in addition to being a lot happier and healthier both mentally and physically

Pics

Left: Before going vegan in April 2018. Prior I was pescetarian/vegetarian and haven't eaten processed foods since 2008. I could not lose weight to save my life even with calorie counting and consistent exercise. I worked out at high intensity 5 days a week (most recent when that picture was taken I was doing Orangetheory). I am diagnosed hypothyroid and figured that was just my life, and it would just be worse if I wasn't living a healthy lifestyle.

Right top: July 2018, 3 months after going plant-based. I lost 20 lbs without working out and without trying. My body immediately loved a plant-based diet. In May I tore my hamstring and could not exercise from May to current so all my weight loss is just from diet. The short amount of time I still was doing Orangetheory while vegan, my workouts were so much better than before going plant-based. Weight 190.

Right bottom: 175-180ish. Photo taken a few days before this past Christmas, about 3 weeks after starting Intermittent Fasting. I lost an additional 15 lb from IF after my weight loss slowed from just eating plant-based. No pictures since then since I hate taking photos of myself.

Current weight:175, so at least I haven't gained since dropping off the IF wagon. The past 8ish weeks I've slacked a bit on the IF and will get back on it soon since I still do want to lose another 10 pounds or so and then I would be fine maintaining. My body is naturally curvier and has a lot of muscle, even though I haven't been working out. I have no desire to be thin, just healthy, sexy, and fit. I'm still in physical therapy and just re-joined The Bar Method last week. It's low impact and doesn't aggravate my injury and is a great workout. Now that I'm happy with my size, bar will be a good way to tone up (lack of fat loss results was why I stopped a few years ago and joined Orangetheory for more cardio). Overall I feel great about myself and a lot more confident!

submitted by /u/abandoned_faces
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2I9gtQg

No comments:

Post a Comment