Wednesday, April 3, 2019

My Fitness Journey So Far.

Hey all, new to the /r/

Thought I would post my loss journey so far, this will probably get lost/no one will care but hey ho.

February 2016 I nearly died from a blood infection (If I had gone to sleep that night rather than going to hospital I wouldn't be typing this) and in there, they weighed me, obviously, and I found out I was a whopping 103KG (I'm only 5 foot 10)

So between March 2016 - July 2017 I lost approximately 25kg going from 103kg - 78kg through a vegetarian diet, buying into various 'fat loss' supplement bullshit, exercise and lots of other stuff (and had a shit coach for 8 weeks)

July - September 2017 I enlisted the help of a decent coach as I was now skinny fat, who helped me drop another 2kg whilst I built on some muscle, got reasonably ripped but from then until the following year I sort of spun my wheels, annoyingly.

July 2018, again, prompted me to get a different coach, he had an IIFYM approach and here was where I learnt what a calorie deficit actually was! I got more ripped with him, but didn't stay with him long as it was only one of those 8 week 'challenges' (although it was very good).

I think it was at this point I realised I had a very negative relationship with food...

Come September I finally improved this, got over my fear of eating and ate... except then I overate and didn't do a bulk properly, and gained fat at a big rate (and some muscle to be fair) and went back up to 90kg.

So, January this year I started cutting again, in time for my Vegas trip and Summer, so far, I've taken an IIFYM approach again and dropped approximately 12kg so far, whilst still eating my favourite foods.

I plan to drop to about 74KG and hopefully I will have a decent level of ab's revealed and maintain that for the summer, followed by doing a (more controlled) bulk.

So, I've lost about 45KG in total, over the course of 3 years, and had a fairly strange relationship with food, my friends do see me as rather muscly but I have great a poor self view of myself at present.

On reflection of this, I thought if I was to start again, what lessons would I want myself to know?

A calorie deficit is all you need.

You can enjoy your favourite foods, drink alcohol and lose weight.

WEIGHT LOSS IS NOT LINEAR.

10k steps a day is easier than the equivalent in cardio.

Fat loss supplements are bullshit.

Water kills hunger.

You can't have a good day everyday.

It's fair to say I've been around the block a bit, If anyone has any questions about weight loss, I'd be happy to try and help.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/shatteredrealm0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VfasVS

No comments:

Post a Comment