Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Is the calorie budget MFP gave me correct?

I wanted to lose weight faster than 1.5 lbs/week, but the deficit for 2 lbs/week set my calorie budget too low for my comfort, so I settled somewhere in the middle. I've been using tdeecalculator.net and subtracting 835 from my sedentary TDEE to set my weight loss pace at 1.67 lbs/week (although I've been losing much faster than that because I'm still at a high weight and I started less than 2 months ago).

Recently I've been feeling tired and moody, and I didn't think about my diet possibly being the culprit until my mom asked if I was eating enough. I decided to try increasing my calories a bit to see if I feel any better, so I just changed my settings in MyFitnessPal to lose 1.5 lbs/week at the lowest activity level. It gave me a budget of 1840 calories. I did the math with the TDEE calculator just out of curiosity, and the number I'm getting is 1743 by subtracting 750 from my sedentary TDEE.

Like my flair says, I'm 20 years old, 5'9" tall, female, currently ~272 pounds.
Is my math wrong, or is MFP wrong? Or neither, just different algorithms (maybe MFP is accounting for some physical activity, even though I set it to “not very active”? I don’t eat back exercise calories anymore so this might be okay)? Which one should I go with?

submitted by /u/ThickToThicc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FMibUY

No comments:

Post a Comment