Monday, April 8, 2019

Need Motivation and Advice (Injury during weight loss program)

Hey all,

So I've always been fat and gained more weight while I was doing my masters thesis and finally reached a point where I took charge and did something about it. I used to weigh 255lbs and I'm around 6' tall.

I contacted a personal trainer and she put me on a diet and exercise regimen for 2 months. I meal prepped every week, went to the gym 6 days a week and worked super hard and lost 25 lbs and I was feeling great and I had much more fat to lose and more muscle to gain.

Then one day while I was going down the stairs at home (on my way to the gym funny enough) I slipped and fell on my ass and fractured my tail bone. That was five weeks ago. In those 5 weeks I fell off the wagon HARD!!! The doctor recommended I don't exercise to allow for proper healing and instead of sticking with my diet, I went with the "f*** it" approach and just abandoned that completely. I don't want to gain the weight back but I am unfortunately.

Whenever I think, "ok you need to get it back together" I think of all the hard work that goes into it and I just stop and take the easier route of going to a drive through.

My tailbone still hasn't completely healed but it's healed enough for me to go back to the gym and do exercises that I know won't affect my tailbone.

So beautiful people of reddit, if you've had a similar experience of having an injury which completely threw a wrench in the system you've had and fell off the wagon, what advice would you give someone such as myself who is going through the same thing?

Thanks :)

submitted by /u/adaouk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2uQh3dR

No comments:

Post a Comment