Tuesday, April 2, 2019

PCOS and an eating disorder.

I have pcos and a major symptom I struggle with is weight gain (and facial hair but a razor is an easy solution for that). Ive been obese since ive been 12. At the age of 14 i was tipping the scale at 230lb. This was the cysts on my overies causeing a flood of hormones making my body imbalanced. I started dieting hardcore around this time and taking up veganism traking all that i ate and excersizing excessively. I would loose a pound here or there but it was barely progress. So I didnt see much harm in "occasionally" purging my food . I saw the progress i wanted , the weight started falling off . "occasionally;' turned into every meal . I ended up loosing 80 lb that year and by the time i was 15 I was 150. I was happy with the number but I was killing myself in the process. my health deteriorated. At the end of that year I met My SO he provided me with the love and support i was missing in my life and so i stoped the eating disorder behaviors and ate regular healthy meals , over the next 4 years I gained all the weight back . Now the weight i maintain is 215-220 at the age of 20F. Pcos sucks. i caught myself repeating old behaviors and i stopped the cycle. joined a gym which i go to every day and I am crazy strict on my food intake (nothing processed/vegan/lowfat/lowsalt) . I will loose this weight in a healthy way even if i have to try a bit harder on getting there.

If you have any stories about health related stuggles that has interfered with your weight loss journey, I'd love to hear.

submitted by /u/Thatmetalheadpanda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HVmKPZ

No comments:

Post a Comment