Thursday, April 11, 2019

Started Weight Loss Journey While SO Was Out Of Country; Returns Tomorrow

Hi all,

I'm new to r/loseit (and reddit in general, actually), but I'm thrilled to find a community where I could share my weight loss journey -- victories and struggles.

I've been seeing the most amazing man for the last nine months; he tells me I'm the most gorgeous woman he's ever met, but during our relationship, I've maintained my highest weight -- 192-ish pounds. I'm 5'6".

I used to be a competitive figure skater and distance runner, both sports that had a big emphasis on keeping a low body weight, and eventually that emotional stress caught up with me and I struggled with disordered eating for years. I sought treatment, and healed, but my weight also crept up in the meantime.

About a month ago, my boyfriend left the country for a work trip. I started Weight Watchers the day he left, and through tracking points, lifting weights and making sure I get in my water, I'm now down to 179 pounds. He returns tomorrow.

I know it's not a huge loss (my initial goal weight is around 155), but I'm pleased with the new habits I've developed and a small part of me hopes he notices, too ;)

Glad to be part of your community!

--BatCat

submitted by /u/BatCat93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IsVqIk

No comments:

Post a Comment