Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Three lessons from my dietician

Hi loseit, I recently made another appointment with my dietician (board-certified, insurance approved, works with diabetic patients usually) since I'm headed towards maintenance. She has such an awesome, positive, non-judgmental attitude towards nutrition and weight loss. I loved it so much I'd quickly like to share the main points:

  1. Don't restrict fats too much. It's tempting to get rid of fat as you're trying to reduce your calorie intake, but, apart from being necessary and keeping you satiated, she mentioned new research that shows very positive metabolic effects of certain vegetable fats compared to animal ones. So even if that olive oil put you over your budget, you did your body some good with it.

  2. Mindful eating!! I'm so bad at this, it sounds so easy but it's so hard to stick to. I still scarf down huge amounts of food in minimal time, it's just salads instead of pasta. She agrees that there's no way around being aware of calories and portion sizes, but in the long term, mindful eating and listening to the signals your body gives you is key to finding a healthy relationship with food.

  3. Her tip for me, terrified as I am of starting maintenance: don't change anything about your routine. Just add back in one thing at a time that you really really love but haven't been allowing yourself, or have restricted during your diet. Again, sounds simple, but the thought really puts my mind at ease. I'm going to start my regular cappuccinos again and try to be more relaxed about it. :)

submitted by /u/nhove
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FYw6HF

No comments:

Post a Comment