Monday, April 8, 2019

Weight loss surgery

Has anyone else here had weight loss surgery? On September 27 of 2017 I had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy. My highest weight was 288lbs and I am 5'6" and was 39 years old at the time of surgery. My surgeon said I should be able to lose 90lbs total in roughly a year and a half.

Well here it is a year and a half later and I originally lost 60lbs but have gained back 10lbs. I am so disappointed in myself. I never thought I would be a surgery failure. Even though I'm still down 50lbs, I am also still not healthy. I still have high BP. I struggle with binge eating disorder (BED) and had gone through over a year of counseling prior to the surgery and honestly thought I had it under control but apparently not.

I'm not looking for sympathy, just ideas on how to get back on track and stay there. I was going to the gym regularly and tracking my calories on MFP but I also have anxiety and inputting every bite of food drives my anxiety up. I was just curious if anyone has had these struggles after weight loss surgery and what advice you might have. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Lynn7819
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2v2OgTz

No comments:

Post a Comment