Thursday, April 11, 2019

Weightloss prediction tool

It can be hard to tell the potential affects of choices we make in our weight loss journeys. There are a lot of tracking tools and a fair number of predictive tools that let you figure out what happens if you maintain the same calories and activity levels week after week. I was looking for a tool to see how my weight loss might progress if I changed my calorie intake as I lost weight. I also wanted to account for how my activity levels change between cold and warm weather. I couldn't find one, so I threw one together in Google Sheets.

Spreadsheet Here

It's pretty straight forward to use. Please forgive the mix of metric and imperial. You will need to use the "Share and Export" option to get an option to make a copy that you can edit.

It uses the Mifflin equation for BMR, feel free to change that up.

For myself, I've been playing around with adding in some columns to compare actual results to predicted. I'm still not 100% on what I want to see from that and how to format it, so it's not included in this basic spreadsheet.

One thing this has helped me with, every time I see someone post about how they eat 1200 calories a day, I think about whether I would lose faster if I did that. I updated all the average daily calories to 1200. And it would save me about 3 months towards my goal. But reaching my goal would still take over a year and I wouldn't be able to sustain 1200 calories, so I can go back to being happy for the people who found that works for them.

Another thing is that I get hella hungry as part of PMS and then after that week the cravings go away and it's easier to eat super healthy. With this tracker, I was able to put in having 200 extra calories a day each week I'm PMSing, and 100 calories under goal the following week. So, for example, if 2000 is baseline (hah! I wish), then during PMS I'd theoretically do 2200 calories and the next week, 1900. And that barely moved the predicted date for reaching my goal.

Anyway, hope you all find this helpful too!

(Note: repost because the automod bot got tetchy about the previous post being too short.)

submitted by /u/re_nonsequiturs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2P3KlPd

No comments:

Post a Comment