Wednesday, June 26, 2019

36 Male Obese Class 2. Am I pushing myself too hard?

I was slim and active my whole life up to about age 28. From 28-35 I managed to gain 100 pounds and become very much, obese. I guess I just fell into a typical sedentary, office worker lifestyle with tons of beer and a lifetime worth of fried chicken and pizza. I was shocked when I got back from a fishing trip recently and saw the photos.. I could barely recognize myself and I weighed in at 320 pounds (6 foot 4.5 inches).

I cut out the shit food and limited my drinking to once a week maximum. Ive been walking 10-15km six days a week and counting every calorie careful to not exceed 2000 per day. I feel great and the pounds started melting away.

Im no fitness expert but Im not clueless either. A pound per week is the recommended weight loss pace for most people, 2 pounds is considered safe but not typically recommended. Ive been losing 4-5 pounds per week for 10 weeks now. Im down just over 40 pounds. My wife is giving me shit for pushing myself too hard. Shes worried Im going too fast and maybe she is right.

On the other hand Ive come to really enjoy my long walks! Its the high point of my day. I listen to audiobooks and feel refreshed when I am done. I also dont feel like I am starving myself.

So if anyone could weigh in here (pun intended). Is 4 pounds per week of weight loss safe for my situation? Am I on the right track here or am I somehow setting myself up for failure and rebound weight gain?

edit: a couple of typos

submitted by /u/NateBucheon30
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2INA9sA

No comments:

Post a Comment