Sunday, June 30, 2019

There and back again: a fat girl's tale of fat to fit .. and back again.

Hey y'all!

My stats: Female | 5'2" | SW: 165lbs | CW: 143lbs | GW: 135lbs

TLDR; I went from 230lbs+ to 135lbs in about 2 years from 2012-2014. Maintained for two years then I went to grad school, lost a parent, and gained back some of the weight (maybe 30 or 40lbs?) and am now currently just about 8 whole pounds from my original of 135lbs.

Progress pics including the transformation from 2012 to now! NSFW towards the end.

I posted my weight loss story here in 2014 and holy shit has it been quite a ride since then. As my TLDR said, the spring before I started grad school I lost my dad, so that derailed my life in many different ways. I stopped exercising, eating right, and completely let go. Three months after my dad passed I learned I was accepted to grad school and began a new two years of hell. I moved back in with my mom and the double stress of home and school won out so I basically became a potato academic living in a dark cupboard we called our department. Anyway, in 2018 I successfully completed my degree (yay me!) and have since been trying to get myself back under control.

I struggled. A lot. I knew what I had to do to make the weight come off but I just couldn't commit. I couldn't figure it out. Despite my past success it suddenly seemed like all the hacks I'd learned from 2012 and 2014 no longer applied, the knowledge was gone. Poof. But in January of 2019 a friend from grad school gave me access to her beachbody workouts and I slowly began the efforts of working out from home. I started easy with 21 Day Fix, but I didn't follow the beachbody meal plans in as much as I became mindful of what I was eating. After three rounds of 21 Day Fix, I moved onto 80 Day Obsession. I finished the program almost two weeks ago and have been taking it easy with yoga to stretch it all out again, but I fully intend to restart the program because I love lifting weights! And I want to take full advantage of the year long access to beachbody while I have it!

In terms of eating, my meals are pretty much the same every day. I mass prep batches of vegetables because if I have to cook them every single day I'm not going to do it. I already know it. I have a history of going for the sandwich instead of the raw veggies. So when I mass prep I can just take the appropriate amount and plop it down with a protein and move on with life. I eat the mixed vegetables once or twice a day, depending. If I eat them with breakfast, I mix them with egg whites. If I eat them for lunch, I chop up a veggie burger and mix it together then toss it onto a low cal tortilla. I have fruit for a snack in between lunch and dinner. Dinner is something typically kid friendly, but usually includes some kind of chicken and whatever else side dish my niece wants to eat that day. Super simple to make life easier.

This post has gotten long enough, but I just wanted to say YOU'VE GOT THIS. You're marvelous and each single little choice you make toward progress is progress. It builds up! Progress, not perfection. Take every day as a new chance to do the thing toward achieving what you want. We can do this!

submitted by /u/Russandol
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Lqc3pP

No comments:

Post a Comment