Sunday, June 30, 2019

felt absolutely amazing losing but it seems to have come with an unexpected downfall? hair..?

i went on a little weight loss journey. and i mean little it wasn't that long about a month and maybe 5-7 pounds and i understand ~1lb/week is safe? so i don't think I went too overboard....

I did not necessarily track macros but have a good idea looking back. what I did was ate to satiety but didn't seek to eat. the biggest thing I did was skip my morning oats each day to carry on an intermittent fast that took me into a cardio session of light jogging or brisk walking enough to get my heart rate up. thing is, even day one I felt great and didn't need to eat right after, it basically pushed my first meal back another 2 hours. I also cut out a lot of fruit snacking after realizing I was having like 2 apples and 2 bananas a day which I never knew was basically 300 calories mostly sugar. Basically stuck to berries and one or the other each day. And I cut back a little on meat, I barely eat red meat to begin with but I do eat chicken and fish. Just smaller portions of them basically.

So looking back I believe my deficit was around 400 or so calories. ~200 for my oats, 150 reducing on fruits, and 100 on meats.

But during this time I felt great. Rolling out of bed and getting a little sweat going seemed to give me more energy than coffee and oats. And I enjoyed what I was seeing on the scale. But suddenly my hair is thinning! bad, I now see a spot that looks like a valley with individual strands and a bald scalp. Running my hands through my hair feels different. And my hair also feels dull and limp.

I think it's diet related cause nothing else has been going on with me besides changing it up and adding IF. But could 4 weeks of not even too much deficit really do this much to my hair? And what gets me upset is I really felt great, which is off putting for the future if this is related. I don't think I had a crazy weight loss and my mornings felt better, it felt nice to eat and not feel bogged down with a heavy stomach.

submitted by /u/dryedoutmess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RKpkdW

No comments:

Post a Comment