Saturday, June 29, 2019

A question about ‘safe’ calorie deficits

Hi r/loseit, FTP, LTL here, and I’m hoping some of you lovely people can help me with a dilemma I’m facing that google’s not being particularly helpful with.

I’m in the stubborn ‘last 10lbs’ phase of my weight loss. I’ve managed to lose weight thus far by just adjusting my diet, as the job I have at the moment is pretty sedentary.

It was rather easy at first, but now I’m so close to my GW the amount I’m eating to even lose 1lb a week is around 1400kcals. It can be a struggle sometimes, but I’m managing.

Now, I’m fine with a loss of 1lb/week, however I’m not achieving this consistently which makes me wonder if the calculators I’m using are a bit off for me personally (I know I’m not under-logging food, I’m meticulous about that). I certainly don’t want to eat any less than I already am. This daily intake already puts me below the recommended 1500kcal minimum for men, but I figured I’ve got quite a small frame so that 100kcal wasn’t gonna kill me.

I’d really like to shift these last 10lbs at a slightly faster rate, so I’ve kept to my 1400kcal intake and started exercising, and not eating back the calories to increase my deficit. I’ve been feeling a little sluggish but don’t know if it’s down to the deficit, the fact I’ve just started exercising after years of doing nothing, or another factor like tiredness (I’m quite busy at work at the moment)

So, my question, and the TL;DR:

Is it safe to eat at the 1500 (1400) kcal minimum for men, and then exercise below it? Or is this just as unhealthy and could be causing my sluggishness?

Many thanks.

submitted by /u/Mattb77xps
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YpFko8

No comments:

Post a Comment