Thursday, June 27, 2019

SV I'm now below the weight I was when I graduated high school

So I [23F] have always had issues with weight, just like a lot of people here. When I was 14, I remember going to the doctor with my mom for something completely unrelated and when she was me at 5'4" and 164lbs, she said Nope! And we started working out together and eating better. Over the course of a year or something (can't totally remember) I got down to 145lbs. Two years later during my senior year, I started birth control for the first time and had awful side affects including terribly lethargy and increased appetite and shot up to 165 or so again inside of 2-3 months. During college I tried and failed several times to lose weight and after graduating, I got up about as high as 185.

I'm a year out of college now and have been actively trying to lose weight since November 2018. It's been very slow going, but I stepped on the scale the other morning and was at 159. Every day this week that I've stepped on it's been right around 160 so I'm sure it wasn't a fluke or just a large fluctuation.

So I'm so happy that I've made it this far! I'm now taller and lighter than I was when I graduated high school in 2014 and I'm happy to be able to notice the difference in myself. I measured the other day and I have 3" off my hips and bust (thank goodness because I seriously need lighter boobs). I have no idea what I'm going to look like at my goal but I'm happy to be getting closer.

I think the things that have made the difference with losing weight this time vs all the others was my mindset. I've been focusing on health in general instead of just weight loss. Of course my health means: eating healthy/clean food, eating less, exercise, enough sleep, plenty of water, and also positive self talk. I think being happy with where I am but still wanting to improve has been essential to me not getting depressed and giving up. I've been loosely counting but I'm an incredibly forgetful person so it just doesn't happen. I mentally aim for 1200 cals a day but I'm still happy if I hit below 1500. I also do IF so that has tremendously helped restrict intake. My window of eating is usually 1pm-9pm or so because I'm not much of a breakfast person and usually get pretty hungry right before bed. I try to do weight lifting a few times a week and some cardio as a warm-up, but it's been wildly inconsistent because of varying degrees of busyness in my schedule.

submitted by /u/zzaannsebar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XCvZMG

No comments:

Post a Comment