Thursday, June 27, 2019

Please tell me I am not alone

Starting off, I'm a 24 year old female who began my weight loss journey in 2017. I started out at 5'11, 273 lbs. Last summer I reached a huge milestone and got down to 213 lbs (a total of 60 lbs lost). Since then, I have gone through severe, major depression. My husband and I admitted myself into an inpatient behavioral program for a week (which was a great resource), my medication was increased significantly (which wasn't working to begin with) and prior to the hospitalization, I was smoking weed constantly (which, in turn, "encouraged" me to eat sooo much, I just didn't care). Within the past 6 months, I've gained all the weight back. I'm back to where I was and it's a TERRIBLE feeling. I had put so much time and effort into losing the weight, it all came back and it really sucks.

These past few weeks have been an entire new low for me. However, I discontinued the use of one of my medications (Effexor, for anyone wondering) and I'm already not feeling as empty as I was. I truly believe that medication helped put me into a downward spiral. I'm beginning to start my weight loss journey once again, but I just need to know that it's possible. I feel so alone in this. My husband is fit and amazing and sticks to his goals (which I'm sooo proud of him for), but it can be very isolating, especially when he's in much better shape than I am. I have his support and he believes in me, I just don't know if I can do it all again.

I apologize if this is too whiny or something similar has been posted before. I just need to know that it's possible. And that everything is going to be okay.

submitted by /u/jlun1128
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2X9gdol

No comments:

Post a Comment