Sunday, June 30, 2019

It's tough losing your coping method, even though it's a bad method.

I'll start out by saying that this past Friday, I officially began a clinical weight loss program consisting of meal replacements in the form of shakes. I'm consuming calories at a huge deficit plus it's all medically supervised due to the liquid diet. The shakes are formulated and my consumption is scheduled all for the sake of resetting and reestablishing a healthy relationship with food, which I need.

That said, I'm an emotional eater. I would eat to deal with negative emotions like sadness, anger, or even boredom. It was never a binge. Meals were meal-sized, snacks were snack-sized and even my new doctors agree I don't have an eating disorder. I used food as a positive to counteract the negative. Now, I must not eat due to the program and I am realizing that I have no way to process negative emotions right now. Personal problems, relationship issues, financial and work stresses, I can't eat them away anymore so I've been marinating in them for the last day. It's hard.

I don't know if I'm looking for advice or ideas or anything but, if you feel like sharing, I'm all ears.

submitted by /u/themagicforloop
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RKIuQM

No comments:

Post a Comment