Sunday, June 30, 2019

Today I hit a 365 day streak on MyFitnessPal

https://i.imgur.com/8ZDv4u5.jpg

I started losing weight last April, but it wasn't until 1 July 2018 that I decided to get strict. I started counting all my calories on MFP, wearing my Fitbit as much as possible, and started learning to cook. That day was when things realllly started to change and happen. I've lost 32.1kg since I started, and still have 4.6kg (10lbs) until I hit my goal but I'm pretty proud of what I've achieved.

Weight loss graph and a couple of progress pics that I tried to recreate: https://i.imgur.com/PvDBbDP.jpg

You can see how consistently I start losing weight when I started tracking my calories diligently!

Couple of notes about my journey so far:

- Been overweight/obese my entire life. Got chubby at 7, obese in my teens. Was at my highest weight at 18 at 97.6kg, lost about 20kg over the next few years but put it back on a couple of years ago when I got depressed. Losing weight this time around was to beat my depression and PTSD (I have improved significantly).

- My calorie limit was 1500, but I've recently reduced to 1200 (but more like 1300 tbh) after a bit of a plateau. I'm 170cm (5'7") and started at 96.7kg (212lbs), now at 64.6kg (142lbs).

- Started doing 5/6 day 30 minutes of cardio every day, and when I stuck to that for 2 months I began tracking calories.

- Calorie counting is fiddly and annoying at first. Now that I've been doing it for the last 365 days, it is just part of my day, takes a couple of seconds and I don't even think about it much -- I usually plan my day in the mornings or night before, otherwise I just add in as I eat. I always add food before I eat it otherwise I get tempted to over-eat.

- I don't exercise that much because I don't really like it and I'm lazy. I do 10,000 steps EVERY DAY since last September, but otherwise I exercise when I feel like it and take (up to a few months) break when I don't. A few months ago I was running 3x a week. Now I'm doing a bodyweight routine 3x a week.

- I weigh everything, but if I eat out/someone else cooks for me I just estimate and don't stress about it. I do always check the menu beforehand and choose something first though (especially as I went vegetarian 6 months ago too).

- I started doing IF earlier this year, was strict about it for a couple of months and now I'm just loose with it. My boyfriend was getting sad not being able to eat breakfast together, so now I Just try to stop eating at 4-5pm and eat whenever I feel like it in the morning. Definitely helps if you're a binger and a snacker like me!

- Like a lot of people say, this is a 'journey' not a competition or race. It's about identifying and changing your bad habits and making them better. It's not about perfection but consistency and persistence. I've stopped binging as much over the last 6 months, but definitely did a bit for the first half of my weight loss, and I have plenty of days when I go over my calorie limit. I just try to be mindful of what I'm doing, let myself eat a little extra if I really want/need it every now and then.

submitted by /u/mightysparks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XHm5cG

No comments:

Post a Comment