Wednesday, June 26, 2019

SW: 215lbs, CW: 195lbs, GW: 170 pounds. I'm nearly halfway towards my goal and I would greatly appreciate any motivation/advice!

M/35 6ft 1in - SW:215lbs CW:195lbs GW:170lbs

Began Diet on 4/11/19. Using IF (16/8), CICO, low-carb, low-sugar, no alcohol, no caffeine (quit caffeine in 2018 because it was messing with my medications). Working out 3-4 times a week with every workout consisting of running, biking, and swimming. Also a daily hike at some point every day with my dog.

Hey everyone. This is going to be a rather long post so bear with me. I love this community and it has helped me so much with my weight loss goal. I am posting this because I need some help and any encouragement or advice is welcomed and appreciated.

On April 11th of this year, I had a visit with my PCP and weighed in at 215lbs. I was angry, sad, but not at all shocked. My weight gain began in 2014 when I was put on a mood stabilizer that, along with a common antidepressant, saved my life and allowed me to go back to school, work again, and be happy for the first time in a long time.

The mood stabilizer medication is notorious for weight gain and I was around 165lbs when I was 31 in 2014 and by 2016 I was up to 235 pounds. Even though I worked out a great deal with swimming, biking, running, and hiking, I was eating way too many calories. I would binge eat after every workout and at night. In the summer of 2017, I found out about intermittent fasting and lost 35 pounds over four months. It worked and I was so happy.

Then stress came in a bunch of different ways and from fall of 2017 until this past April, I bounced back and forth between 200 pounds and 210 pounds. When I saw I was back to 215 in April, I was upset and also determined to get my shit together. I had to stop making excuses and get my eating habits under control.

I've given up any liquid besides water, unsweetened coconut milk (less than glass a day to keep stomach acid down when swimming), and a daily dose of no-sugar Metamucil for fiber intake. I don't drink alcohol, coffee, or anything with caffeine. I have greatly reduced any sugary foods and have lowered my carb intake tremendously.

I was able to successfully get 54 days of intermittent fasting out of the past 76 days, but those 22 days I did not stick to the plan were enough to cause me to plateau at 195 pounds for the past month.

I am starting graduate school at the end of August and right now am working part time and exercising 3-4 times a week with heavy cardio running, biking, swimming, and hiking exercises. I'm almost back to running a non-stop 5-k and I've also been able to resist the urge to binge eat after work outs.

Yesterday I began a 60 day no cheat goal every day as I begin graduate school in 59 days. For the next two months I will IF every day, keep sugar and carbs to a minimum, keep my workouts steadily increasing in intensity, and be as active as possible. My caloric intake will be less than 2000 on days I workout and 1500 on days I do not.

Is there anything I am missing? I have not been under 190 pounds in years and am so close to breaking that threshold.

I had originally wanted to wait to post until I made it to my goal, but I would love some help right now. Thanks!!!

submitted by /u/blehblah628
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xoPNEF

No comments:

Post a Comment