Friday, June 28, 2019

Can overweight people really feel comfortable being overweight or is it an act?

I’m sorry if this is a dumb question but it’s just been weighing on my mind. How often is it that an overweight person is actually happy being overweight?

I started my weight loss journey because I was constantly thinking about how overweight I am (Male, 5’11, 280) and it was so overwhelming and I had no self confidence. On top of that, a lot of my weight was mostly on my hips, which made me feel less masculine. I’ve been working out and people have been commenting on my change which makes me feel really good and closer to being “normal”. I think that maybe if my fat distribution was different, perhaps I would have been more comfortable being overweight?

Also, I have a very large female friend ( I’ve never asked her weight and never will but she’s short and pretty heavy) and she appears to be happy, social, plays sports, and overall seems comfortable being herself. She never talks about or suggests that she needs to lose weight. I kind of envy her because I never imagined someone heavier than me being so popular and seemingly not insecure.

Have you met people who seemed pleased or satisfied with being obese/overweight? Do you think they are genuinely happy or pretending?

submitted by /u/lmaosmosis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KNZOUv

No comments:

Post a Comment