Tuesday, June 25, 2019

(SV) Lost 10kg. Finally below 80kg!!

I finally did it! I went from roughly 90kg to 79,9kg today. I’m F36, 170cm.

For most of my life I was average-sized or thin and weighed around 60kg. About 4 years ago I stopped smoking and I gained the first 10kg. Mostly because I have a sweet tooth and ate more sweets than before. Then 2 years ago I had an injury and couldn’t do my favourite sport anymore. So I gained another 10kg. And finally I gained the last 10kg last year while caring for a relative. This winter it hit me, that I was obese now! I never would have thought that I will get there. Since there is a family history of obesity, I knew that I had to do something.

My weight loss started in February. At first I tried IF, but I didn’t like it very much. Then I did CICO. I was reluctant at first, because before I gained the weight, I was proud that I never had to make a diet or count calories. But after a while I got more comfortable and it was interesting to see, where my calories where coming from. I didn’t have a goal at the beginning, but it changed my habits anyway. I ate less calorie-dense food and in general ate more consciously.

In April I started to try to reduce my calorie intake to 1500 a day. My goal was to make sustainable changes to my lifestyle and lose around 0,5kg a week. What really changed was my one big meal of the day (mostly in the evening); if this was something with low calorie count I could eat something sweet after, otherwise I did not. I started to do my exercises regularly (4-5 times a week). On the weekends I splurged a little, but not too much. I learned that if I ate around 1800cal a day I would lose the 0,5kg I was aiming for.

Important points for me:

• Doing CICO is great, because I can eat everything I want, just in moderation. For me it’s the most flexible and thus most fitting approach.

• Eating a piece of cake and still be under 1500cal for the day feels great.

• The feeling that I know what my body needs when it comes to food is coming back. Now when I feel hungry and want to eat something I trust that feeling again. This was different, when I gained the weight or when I was at my highest weight.

• I was vegetarian for years and started eating meat again 5 years ago. Not too much, but still. Now I eat almost no meat and mostly vegan as it makes it easier to reach my calorie intake.

• God I love cheese, but it has so many calories!

• I was surprised to learn, that a lot of my calories come from fat (cheese…)

There is still a way to go, but I’m really proud for reaching this milestone. And reading here really helped, it really is a nice an helpful community.

submitted by /u/KyokoOt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Lb4PG2

No comments:

Post a Comment