Tuesday, June 25, 2019

I want to be a healthy weight again...any tips or suggestions are appreciated

Hi everyone.... a little nervous here because I never publicly discussed my weight, or weight loss with anyone but close friends, but nothing has been working lately (not going to lie haven't tried too hard) and I feel I need to put this out there to actually be successful this time around. I am 29...female...5'4 weighing in at 196....athletic body type.

I use to be thin and super fit (worked at a gym in college) and was very aware of the foods I ate...but as the years passed, and being in an abusive four year relationship, the stress of that and paying bills and life after college really started to hit. Also, both of my grandparents died and my father suffered several strokes during this time period. My partner was really into fitness, had a six-pack, and would basically fat shame me in very subtle ways, and I grew to become depressed. That's the short story of it all. Doesn't help that I am almost 30, so drinking and eating crap is not the same as it use to be.

I guess I never took losing weight seriously because no one ever really told me I looked unattractive or different. My ex would tell me to be healthier, but he never seemed unattracted to me, and I became a bit of a hermit with him, so no one really saw me enough to see my weight gain and losses.

I want to actually succeed this time around, not only for my health, but to gain my confidence back now that I am single and living alone in a new city.

What are some tips and ways to mentally be strong to be consistent? I am pretty active for my weight. I go to the gym maybe 3-4 times a week. Drink tons of water and low on sugar intake. People tell me all the time I don't look 196, more like 160 but either way I know the truth, and know it's not healthy for my height.

Much appreciated!

submitted by /u/calleochooo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2X4gPLR

No comments:

Post a Comment