Sunday, June 30, 2019

Leg 2 of weightloss journey - accountability post

In 2017 I lost 55lbs total and went from an obese 228lbs to an overweight 173lbs. I was proud of myself. But I was burnt out and lost motivation. I've decided to start finishing my weight loss journey starting this past week so I can give myself the gift of not being overweight for Christmas this year. I hadn't weighed myself since I started I stopped tracking my calories in fall 2017, so I was scared of what I might see on the scale. I weighed in at 185lbs (ouch) but not as bad as I feared. It's been less than a week and I've lost 5lbs of water weight, so a little motivation boost lol.

I have to get down past 168lbs to not be classified as overweight. I know I can do this. I've done it before. Tracking isn't hard. I just need to get back in the habit. I also need to start doing exercise. Get my road bike back down, hurch up the ride along for the kiddo and go for rides to the park. Fill my duffle bag with sand and start deadlifting, rowing, and pressing the thing (can't squat army killed the knees). I know what I need to do. I've done it before. But this time I'm staring at an undefined finish line. I dont know what my actual weight goal is going to be. I just want to wear my old pre-pregancy pants (sizes 4-6).

But the first hurdle is getting down past 168lbs before Christmas. I've got 25 wks til Christmas and 17lbs to lose. I should easily be able to hit goal by November but I know there will be bad weeks and there will be hiccups. That's just the name of the beast. Plus the loser your weight is the harder it is to lose. But I know I got this and it's going to a f*cking amazing Christmas!

submitted by /u/inkpoisonedsoul
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Yo8B2y

No comments:

Post a Comment