Saturday, June 29, 2019

SV, and also an NSV

I’ve been lurking here for motivation for a while, but I’ve never had anything meaningful to post before now, so I’ll give a quick backstory. I’m a 33 year old, 5’5” female. Over the last few years I have gained a significant amount of weight due to extreme anxiety from losing a parent, taking care of my other parent, and being a parent myself to my toddler.

Anyway, I’ve felt like crap and I’ve been sick for months. I haven’t been able to breathe after walking, my heart will pound out of my chest after walking merely a few feet. Then I developed a cough that’s lasted for months. I chalked it all up to me being fat. I was 239 pounds when I weighed myself a few months ago, the heaviest I’ve ever been. I would stay up and cry all night convinced I had heart failure, and essentially, waiting to die. Every night for the last few months I have gone to bed assuming I wouldn’t wake up in the morning. I didn’t tell anyone this, I just soldiered on through life.

Finally, after weeks of not being able to do anything without losing my breath, and waking up all night coughing, my husband forced me to go to the doctor. I was scared. I was embarrassed. While I was in the waiting room I heard the nurse weighing everyone else, and realized my fate. I legitimately thought I would end up weighing 300 lbs. Or more.

But I didn’t. I weighed 210. I lost nearly 30 lbs and didn’t even know it. I was so happy I almost cried. It kept getting better from there. I assumed I had high blood pressure that could kill me any day. Nope. 124/62. And that heart failure? Bronchitis and asthma. They also had me fill out an anxiety and depression assessment and sent me home with an antidepressant.

I also got 3 other medicines for the other issues, and after a single dose of each, I already feel better. I can breathe. I can walk across the house. I can enjoy my kid. I feel so encouraged and hopeful about my weight loss.

Moral of the story: if you’re not following any strict rules and are simply making an effort to eat better and less, you might be making more progress than you think! Go weigh yourself! It might be the jumpstart you need to get serious! My goal is to reach 150 lbs. It seems so much more attainable now, knowing it’s only 60 lbs away, when just a few days ago I thought it was over 100 lbs away.

Anyway sorry for the long post. I’m just so HAPPY!

submitted by /u/mallow-cups-fo-life
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xi6mSB

No comments:

Post a Comment